Essential packing list
"There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing."
Even in the warmer months the temperature can drop in the evening so be sure to bring warmer clothes than you think you'll need! Here's a packing list to prepare you for a cozy and comfortable trip in the great outdoors:
- Raincoat or shell jacket to keep out wind and rain, as a light layer for chilly evenings, or added warmth over bulkier sweaters or fleece.
- Fleece or insulated jacket (or vest) for added warmth or layering under a raincoat or shell.
- Sweatshirt or sweater for cozy, casual warmth and layering.
- Base layer (a.k.a. "long johns"), top and bottom for hiking, lounging, layering or wearing as pajamas.
- Winter hat - you can purchase a Firelight-branded beanie in the Camp store.
- Sun hat - you can purchase a Firelight-branded cap in the Camp store.
- Scarf or pashmina, depending on the forecast, for warmth or a layering piece.
- Slippers or thick, warm socks for inside your tent
- Swimwear and a beach towel or sarong, if you plan to visit one of the many swimming holes in the area
- Casual clothing for hanging around camp, exploring Downtown Ithaca and the Finger Lakes
- Trail-friendly clothing for hikes and outdoor adventures
- Trail shoes: depending on the forecast or what activities you have planned, you could bring waterproof hiking shoes, rain boots, non-waterproof hiking shoes, or sneakers. Bottom line: something you can walk in and don't mind getting muddy.
- Casual shoes for walking about town, wearing around camp or out to dinner (the Finger Lakes region is all-round casual)
- Daypack for stashing extra layers, a water bottle and snacks while on the trail, touring wineries or exploring downtown Ithaca
- Water bottle - you can purchase a Firelight-branded bottle in the Camp store.
- Toiletries and sun screen, though we provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion and hair dryers.
- Phone, camera and chargers, we have a charging station!
- Hand and feet warmers, you know those little pouches of warmth for skiing and snowy weather? They're great when the temperature dips.
- Optional: Evening wear, for a nice meal out or snazzier visit to the wineries (though in all honesty, the Finger Lakes is all-round casual)
- Optional: A book you've been wanting time to savor, your favorite board games, cards and other activities for unplugged fun
At Firelight Camps you'll find most of the amenities of a traditional hotel room, plus some extras to enhance your glamping experience:
- Plush, multi-layered bedding on your King or Queen bed. On cold nights we'll tuck you in with the outdoor-approved Rumpl Super Fleece
- Freshly laundered bath towels
- Bath house with flushing toilets, hot showers, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion and hair dryers
- Barebones Living battery-powered lanterns to light your tent and pathways (and charge your phone)
- Phone and computer charging station in the main lobby
- Umbrellas for use on the property
- Water cooler with ice cold and piping hot water, to refill your water bottle or mug
- Freshly brewed coffee from sun-up to sun-down
- Games, games, games: bocce ball court, corn hole toss, board games, playing cards, and a small library
- Camp Store with snacks (s'mores!), beverages, apparel, hiking maps, bug spray, and more essentials, all available for purchase